Healthcare workers in long-term care facilities face the same risks as those who work in hospitals. However, the intensive personal care needed by most residents can increase your employees' risk. This program will teach your workers how to protect themselves by becoming aware of the potential hazards they may encounter on the job.
- Slips, trips and falls
- Back injuries
- Electrical and fire hazards
- Disinfection and sterilization
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
Teach your employees to avoid potentially hazardous situations with this vital new handbook. It discusses slips, trips and falls, back injuries, electrical hazards, fire safety and more.
While the number of pages varies, most handbooks are 16 pages in length and include a tear-out quiz.
Handbooks must be purchased in packs of 10. When ordering, enter the number of packs you would like to purchase. For example, if you would like to order 50 handbooks, enter "5" in the quantity field.
Quantity discounts are available for orders of 10 or more packs. Call 1-877-262-7825 for more information.
According to the National Institute of Organizational Safety and Health (NIOSH), the health service industry reports more job-related injuries and illnesses than do any other hazardous industries. Take time to train your staff to pay close attention to their health and safety on the job. This intensive program will help your employees to be more aware of the hazards that they may face in their daily work and give them methods for dealing with these hazards.
- Falls and Back Injuries
Electrical and Fire Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Safety
- Handling Medical Waste
- Safe Work Practices
- Good Housekeeping
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication