Boiler Operation & Control: Boiler Design & Construction is part two of the Boiler Operation & Control five-part training series.
The course teaches students about the different types of boilers. Students will also gain knowledge about the functions of the watertube boiler components, to include the steam and water side of the boiler as well as the fuel and air side.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the characteristics and uses of a firetube boiler
- Describe the function of a firetube boiler
- Recognize the advantages of a Scotch Marine boiler
- Describe the features and applications of a wetback Scotch Marine boiler and a dryback Scotch Marine boiler
- Identify the characteristics and uses of a watertube boiler
- Describe the features and applications of the steam and waterside components of the watertube boiler
- Describe the features and applications of the fuel layer or fireside of the watertube boiler
- Analyze how the components of a watertube boiler function collectively.
Basic Types of Boilers
- Firetube and Watertube Boilers
- Steam and Water Side of the Boiler
- Fuel and Air Side of the Boiler