Boiler Operation & Control: Boiler Fuel & Air is part four of the Boiler Operation & Control five-part training series.
The course teaches students about the different fuels used in boilers and the equipment that enables the use of these fuels.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the three general groups of boiler fuels and the byproducts of each
- Identify the physical characteristics of liquid and gaseous fuels and how their heat values are an efficient means for boiler systems
- Describe the operating characteristics of the systems and equipment used for burning fuels, to include stoker, bunker, and hoppers
- Describe combustion control, to include the proper rate of combustion, maintaining the proper air-fuel ratio, and responding to changes in steam demand.
Three Types of Boiler Fuels
- Types, Characteristics, and Heat Values
- Fuel and Air Systems, and Equipment
- Premise of Combustion Control
- Methods of Combustion Control