Boiler Operation & Control: Boiler Operation is part five of the Boiler Operation & Control five-part training series.
The course reviews the proper boiler startup and shutdown procedures as well as the basic operator's responsibilities. Students will be exposed to the abnormal and emergency conditions that can arise during boiler operation.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the basic startup procedures for boiler system operation
- Describe the actions conducted in the pre-start check
- Describe the actions conducted in a system purge
- Describe the actions conducted during lightoff of the burners
- Recognize the consequences of the heatup phase
- Describe the actions conducted during initiating feedwater flow
- Explain the purpose of each of the steps to the shutdown procedure
- Identify the boiler operator's responsibilities
- Recognize abnormal and emergency conditions that may arise during boiler operation.
Boiler Startup Procedures
- Prestart Checks
- Lightoff of the Burners
- Heatup Phase
- Initiating Feedwater Flow
- Tasks Associated with Operating a Boiler
- Purpose of Each Step
- Major Areas of Concern