Boiler Operation & Control: Introduction to Boilers - An Overview is part one of the Boiler Operation & Control five-part training series.
The course teaches the functions of the components of the steam system, the feedwater system, as well as the fuel and air systems. Students will also learn how components (such as pipes and tubes delivering the steam) maximize heat energy and how this information can be used to determine the most efficient and least costly means of using steam production in a work setting.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the terms associated with steam
- Identify the components of a steam system
- Describe the role and application the steam system plays in the function of a boiler system
- Identify the components of a feedwater system
- Describe the role and application the feedwater system plays in the function of a boiler system
- Identify the components of the fuel and air systems
- Describe the roles and applications the fuel and air systems play in the function of a boiler system
- Analyze conservation of heat energy by various components to maximize efficiency and minimize cost.
Principles of Steam Production
- Applications of Steam Energy
- Terms Associated with Steam
Functions of Boiler Systems
- Steam System
- Feedwater System
- Fuel and Air Systems
- Components Maximizing Steam Production