What is Cultural Competency? In simple terms, it's medicine at its best: patient-centered care. Healthcare providers who are sensitive to the cultural and religious beliefs of the communities they serve, particularly surrounding health and illness, provide patient-centered care. It's considered 'cultural competency' and it's a regulation in hospitals around the country. This program is designed to address the delicate nature of cultural competency.
- Trains healthcare professionals about patient assessment tools that allows employees to explain illnesses and treatment, identify healing, negotiate treatment, intervene and collaborate with patient family members
- Realistic healthcare scenarios representing many different cultures and beliefs
- Additional content and insights to enhance the comprehension and retention of this critical information
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
What is Cultural Competency? In simple terms, it's medicine at its best: patient-centered care. Healthcare providers who are sensitive to the cultural and religious beliefs of the communities they serve, particularly surrounding health and illness, provide patient-centered care. It's considered "cultural competency" and it's a regulation in hospitals around the country. This program is designed to address the delicate nature of cultural competency.
While the number of pages varies, most handbooks are 16 pages in length and include a tear-out quiz.
Handbooks must be purchased in packs of 10. When ordering, enter the number of packs you would like to purchase. For example, if you would like to order 50 handbooks, enter "5" in the quantity field.
Quantity discounts are available for orders of 10 or more packs. Call 1-877-262-7825 for more information.
This training program aims to inform healthcare workers of the basics of cultural competency. They will learn patient-centered care, respecting patients' cultural and religious preferences, and cultural assessment in the patient care plan. Your staff will learn how to avoid cross-cultural conflicts, stereotyping and personal biases. More importantly, your staff will learn to be more sensitive and understanding of their patients. That is just good healthcare!
- How Do Cross-Cultural Conflicts Happen
- How Do We Avoid Stereotyping
- How Do You Conduct a Cultural Assessment
- How To Be a Culturally Competent Caregiver
This course is approved for one contact hour of continuing nurse education by the Virginia Nurses Association. The Virginia Nurses Association is an accredited approver of continuing nurse education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.