One in every four Americans is a victim, witness to, or perpetrator of family violence. Healthcare workers - often the first to encounter abuse - have a unique opportunity to identify victims early. With that in mind, Coastal has released a training program entitled Domestic Abuse: Recognizing & Reporting to give your staff the tools necessary to react properly when handling an abuse case.
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
The Joint Commission requires accredited hospitals to implement protocols for screening, identification and assessment of abuse. This training course will provide your staff a walk-through on the basics of family violence and look at how to screen, assess and intervene to stop the cycle of abuse. Your facility can be a light in the darkness by helping those who are suffering through abuse.
- Family Violence
- Warning Signs
- Screening Violence
- Conducting Assessment
- Safety Plans and Reporting Abuse