DuPont™ Energy Efficiency: Electricity Generation & Distribution is part 10 of the DuPont™ Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DuPont owner-operator content.
The course covers electrical principles and the efficient operation of various devices and systems that produce, distribute, and use electricity.
Course objectives include
- Exercise proper safety precautions when working with and around electrical equipment
- Apply the principles of electricity
- Identify the devices that produce electricity and understand their basic operation
- Identify the equipment required for the distribution of electricity
- Identify motors, motor controls, generators, and lamps as devices that use electricity and understand their basic operation
- Apply specific best practices related to electrical energy conservation.
Principles of Electricity
- Electric Circuit Basics
- Current and Magnetism
- Electrical Generators
- Generator Prime Movers and Excitation
Distribution of Electricity
- Electrical Conductors
- Switchgear and Transformers
- Instruments, Meters, and Relays
Devices that Use Electricity
- Motor Control Equipment
- Operation of Motors and Generators
- Electricity Generation and Distribution Best Practices