DuPont™ Energy Efficiency: Energy System Instrumentation & Controls is part three of the DuPont™ Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DuPont owner-operator content.
The instrumentation and control of power equipment has changed dramatically through the years, leaving many plants with a mixture of both old and new technology. This course covers the broad range of energy system instrumentation and control strategies, systems, and technology in use today.
Course objectives include:
- Exercise proper safety precautions when working with instrumentation and control systems
- Identify the elements of a typical process control system
- Compare common control strategies and their applications
- Compare different control systems and their operating characteristics
- Measure temperature, pressure, flow, and level with common field instruments
- Apply specific best practices for energy efficiency to instrument systems.
Process Control Concepts
- Control Strategies
- Control Systems
- Temperature Measurement Instruments
- Pressure Measurement Instruments
- Flow Measurement Instruments
- Level Measurement Instruments
- Energy Control System Best Practices