DuPont™ Energy Efficiency: Fuels & The Combustion Process is part five of the DuPont™ Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DuPont owner-operator content.
It is essential that facilities establish energy management procedures that are unique to the fuels, equipment, and systems used. This course covers fuel types and characteristics, the combustion process and its equipment, and the control systems typically used on industrial combustion devices.
Course objectives include:
- Exercise proper safety precautions when working with fuels and the combustion process
- Compare the characteristics of coal, oil, and natural gas
- Understand the combustion process
- Control the fuel air ratio of the combustion process using different control systems
- Apply specific best practices for energy efficiency to fuels and combustion.
- Natural Gas
- Theoretical and Actual Combustion, All Fuels
- Oil and Gas Burners
- On/Off Control Systems
- Positioning Control, No Feedback, Gas or Oil
- Positioning Control, Oxygen Feedback
- Metering Control
- Metering Control with Oxygen Feedback
- Flue Gas Analysis
- Fuels and Combustion Best Practices