DuPont™ Energy Efficiency: Steam Distribution is part eight of the DuPont™ Energy Efficiency 16-part training series featuring DuPont owner-operator content.
The course covers various industrial steam distribution lines, their auxiliary components, and their efficient use.
Course objectives include:
- Exercise proper safety precautions when working with steam distribution systems
- Compare the different steam distribution lines used in industry
- Compare and use various steam traps, pressure regulation valves, and pipeline desuperheaters
- Apply specific best practices for energy efficiency to steam distribution systems.
Distribution Lines and Sources of Steam Distribution
- Distribution Lines
- Sources of Steam Distribution
Steam Traps and Drip Legs
- Thermodynamic Disc Trap
- Inverted Bucket Trap
- Thermostatic Traps
- Drip Legs or Drip Pockets
Pressure-Reducing and Desuperheating Stations
- Self-Contained or Piloted Pressure Regulators
- Steam Distribution Best Practices