This compelling program remains our best-seller year after year! It is a must-have for facility managers and administrators committed to providing optimal quality care for their patients or residents in their golden years. Designed to alert workers to the warning signs of elder abuse and the correct ways to report suspicious behavior.
- Find out the subtle forms of abuse, which many workers may not realize
- Define the different types of elder abuse and neglect
- Identify elders at the greatest risk for abuse
- Discuss your facility's elder abuse assessment and reporting policies
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
This important handbook stresses the importance of providing the best care possible for elderly patients, thus minimizing abuse.
While the number of pages varies, most handbooks are 16 pages in length and include a tear-out quiz.
Handbooks must be purchased in packs of 10. When ordering, enter the number of packs you would like to purchase. For example, if you would like to order 50 handbooks, enter "5" in the quantity field.
Quantity discounts are available for orders of 10 or more packs. Call 1-877-262-7825 for more information.
Elder abuse can strike any healthcare facility. This compelling program covers the basics of recognizing the several forms of elder abuse and neglect, which elders are at greater risk of being abused, who are the abusers, risk factors that have been identified as contributors to abuse and neglect and the common warning signs by which abuse can be suspected. It also discusses elder abuse assessment and reporting policies.
Actions of Mistreatments
- Different Forms of Abuse
- Different Forms of Neglect
Abusers and Victims
- Who Gets Abused?
- Who are the Abusers?
Why Does Abuse and Neglect Occur?
- Factors Leading to Abuse and Neglect
- Common Warning Signs
Ethical and Legal Responsibilities
- Assessment of an Abused Elder