Fire Safety: Be Alert, Not Alarmed! covers the following important topics:
- The three ingredients of a fire and what happens if one of those elements is missing
- The burning stages of a fire and how to recognize the dangers of each.
- What happens in a flashover and the consequences of not acting quickly.
- When stairs are a danger zone and what to do.
- Dangerous reactions from residents and how to manage them in a fire.
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
This valuable program details how fires get started and how your staff will follow your facility's Emergency Action Plan. By applying the fire safety preparedness taught in this course, your employees would be able to protect themselves and those who depend on their care.
Know Your Enemy
- Basics of How Fires Get Started
Your Role and Responsibilities
- The Emergency Action Plan
- Fire Prevention
Critical Steps to Safety
- If a Fire Breaks Out
- Be Prepared