Harassment represents one of the most destructive workplace issues faced by public and private employers today. Now more than ever, it's important to train all personnel to recognize the various forms of harassment and eliminate it in your organization!
In addition to sexual harassment, there are liability issues based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, age and others. And to have a worker commit one of them can have the law on your company's back. Harassment can manifest in jokes, negative stereotyping, hostile acts or simple thoughtless comments, but the ultimate outcome is the same: legal liability, profound emotional stress, lower employee morale and reduced productivity.
Raise awareness regarding this issue and explain the dos and don'ts of creating a respectful work environment for everyone. This program will help employees learn how to:
- Define harassment
- Identify the various types and forms of harassment
- Understand the negative impact of harassment
- Follow practical guidelines to prevent harassment
- Respond if they witness or become victims of harassment.
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide.
Your employees may be making jokes and "harmless" comments on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, disability, age and others. There are many examples of harassment, but the outcome is the same: legal liability, profound emotional stress, lower employee morale and reduced productivity. Ensure that your employees are toeing the line and creating a respectful work environment. Through this course, your employees will learn the various forms of harassment, understand their negative impact, apply preventive guidelines, and know appropriate response measures if they witness or become victims of harassment.
What is Harassment?
- Recognizing Harassment
- Protected Groups
- Hostile Environment
- Reasonable Person Standard
Negative Effects of Harassment
- Subtle Harassment
- Impacts of Harassment
- Unintended Harassment
- Offer Respect
- If You Feel Harassed
- If You Think You've Offended
- If You've Witnessed Harassment
- Hostile Environment
- Quid Pro Quo
The Bottom Line
- The Bottom Line