As you know, compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule is now mandatory -- and the compliance deadline for the new HIPAA Security Rule - which went into effect earlier this year to ensure the security of electronic protected health information (PHI) - was April 2005.
Security awareness training is mandatory for your entire staff. Under the new Security Rule, you are required to establish administrative, physical and technical safeguards to guarantee the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all electronic PHI. To prepare your staff for compliance with the final rule, HIPAA Security Awareness covers:
- The basics of security awareness
- Physical, administrative and technical safeguards of electronic PHI
- User education for identifying malicious software, monitoring log-in success and failure and proper password management controls
- Incident reporting
- Mandates of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
Make security part of your daily routine. Comply with the HIPAA Security Rule - the federal standards set by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to protect electronic health information. This course examines who and what is protected by the Security Rule. It illustrates security safeguards that may affect the way your staff perform their duties.
- Security Rule
- Security Precaution