Sometimes, employees focus on what managers want rather than on how best to accomplish goals. This is not surprising, since managers set up SOPs to save employees from making mistakes. While reasonable and practical, this can sometimes sap initiative, prevent learning and stifle innovation.
Oftentimes, managers are not as empowering as they would like to believe. But Improving Performance through Empowerment show, even the most controlling micro-managers that empowering employees, having them take charge, allowing them to make decisions and solve problems on their own will promote growth, strengthen skills and generate better results.
How-To Training Points:
- How to give employees responsibility and allow them to make decisions
- How to allow employees to make and learn from mistakes
- How to encourage employees to express and explore new ideas
- How to avoid cosmetic empowerment
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide.