In healthcare settings, infections usually spread by droplet, airborne or contact transmission. Today, healthcare personnel break the chain of transmission by following Standard Precautions with all patients. This program was adapted for ambulatory care facilities and covers how infections are spread.
- Transmission-based Precautions
- Droplet Precautions
- Airborne Precautions
- Contact Precautions
- Placement Evaluations
- Work Restrictions
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
Everyone who works in healthcare needs to be concerned about infection control. The CDC and The Joint Commission require all facilities to have a comprehensive infection control program. This course covers how infections are spread, precautions to prevent infection and what to do if exposed.
How Infections are Spread
- Chain of Transmission
Precautions to Prevent Infection
- Standard Precautions
- Transmission-Based Precautions
Other Actions You Can Take
- Immunizations and Placement Evaluations
- Work Restrictions and Latex Sensitivities
- If You Are Exposed
- Avoid Common Mistakes