Introduction to GTAW: Selection of Electrodes, Gas, Cups & Filler Rod for Inert GTAW is part two of the Introduction to Gas Tungsten Arc Welding two-part training series.
The course will show students how to select gas, tungsten, cups, and filler rod for gas tungsten arc welding — also known in the trade as TIG. The two-handed GTAW welding technique should be relatively easy to learn for operators with a background in oxy-acetylene welding. However, prior to welding with this process, it is important to know the performance characteristics and set-up of the equipment.
Course objectives include:
- Select the proper gas, tungsten, cups, and filler rod for GTAW welding
- Set up the equipment for GTAW welding.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.