This series workbook reinforces the purpose and objectives of the accompanying Introduction to Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) three-part training series.
Workbooks contain lesson introductions, a practice and application area, and lesson progress checks to measure students' learning.
Introduction to SMAW: Electric Arc Power Sources & Minor Maintenance is part one of the Introduction to Shielded Metal Arc Welding three-part training series.
The course shows students the basic features of the various types of power sources for electric arc welding. It also demonstrates how to perform minor maintenance on the equipment.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the different types of electric arc power sources and their performance characteristics
- Describe the procedures for performing safety checks on them.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.