Dealing with crooks is a straightforward affair. But with reporters, it's a totally different ball game. They need to be handled with more tact, skill, diplomacy and subtlety. And for good reason, they can build or destroy your reputation. Discover arresting and hardhitting tips that can assist you in your daily dealings with the press.
- The PIO office
- Meeting news directors, editors, and reporters
- Effective press releases
- Media interviews
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards.
The media often shape your department's reputation in the minds of the public and the municipal managers who vote on your budget. Teach your department to be pro-active and take control of media relations with this valuable program. Make sure your employees know how to handle the press with tact, skill, diplomacy and subtlety. Discover arresting and hard-hitting tips that can assist you in your daily dealings with the press. This program covers meeting news directors, editors and reporters, constructing effective press releases and conducting media interviews and press conferences.
The PIO Office
- Setting Up the PIO Office and Department Policy
- Preparing for the Interview
- Handling the Press Conference
Rapport with Media
- Emergency Services and Media Council
- Crisis Management and Media Relationships