Medication Management You Can Prevent Errors! Preventing medication errors promotes patient safety. This program will teach your staff:
- Medication errors, What are they?
- How big is the problem?
- How can medication errors be prevented?
- Standards to use medications safely
- Avoiding risky behaviors and special handling of meds at high risk
- What you can do
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
Medication errors can lead to irreparable damage to the patient. Therefore, it is highly important for healthcare professionals, as front-line advocates for patient safety, to always ask themselves what they can do to prevent errors. This program will explore how facilities can build safety into the system and what your staff can do to prevent potentially deadly medical errors before they happen. Your healthcare team will learn the culture of safety by looking out for errors, risky processes and procedures, and thereby making medication errors a thing of the past.
Eliminating Medication Errors
- Error Reporting and Analysis
Medication Use Standards
- General Medication Use
- Standards for Levels of Medications
Preventions of Medication Errors
- Special Handling of High Risk Medications
- Steps to Prevent Medication Errors