Milling & Tool Sharpening: Use of Plain & Side Milling Cutters on the Horizontal Milling Machine is part five of the Milling & Tool Sharpening 14-part training series.
Plain and side milling cutters are known as arbor milling cutters. This means that they are driven by a key which connects them to the arbor. This course will show students how plain and side milling cutters are used on the horizontal milling machine.
Course objectives include:
- Understand the safety precautions to be observed in the machine shop and when setting up and using plain and side milling cutters on the horizontal milling machine
- Identify plain milling cutters and the procedures for setting up and using them
- Identify side milling cutters and the procedures for setting up and using them.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.