Protect yourself and your staff from dangerous exposure to bloodborne pathogens with this important program. Knowing the rules of Sharp Safety can protect your staff from injury. This program provides a thorough approach to sharps technology, safe handling techniques, and handling and disposing of sharps.
- Facts on HBV, HCV and HIV
- Information on HBV vaccinations
- Five rules of sharps safety
- What to do if you are stuck
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
The Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act required OSHA to revise the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to add new requirements for employers to use safer sharps to reduce exposure, involve employees in purchasing decision and keep a sharps injury log to track problem areas. This course illustrates the five steps healthcare providers should take to protect themselves and their coworkers from dangerous exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Needle Safety Facts
- Needlesticks and Unacceptable Odds
- Five Rules of Sharps Safety
- Getting to the Point