Safety never goes out of fashion. Whatver you do, wherever you work, it's important to have personal protective equipment. It may be the only thing standing between you and a fatal accident. This course, part of an eight-program series – On The Waterfront: Every Choice Counts – meets OSHA standards and illustrates the different PPE: foot, fall, head, eye, hand and hearing protection, including high-visibility reflective vests. The program also explains when and how to use them and offers safety advice for each.
- Use and care of commonly used PPE
- Special-use equipment
- Correct use of PPE
- Why its use is vital to safety on the waterfront
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards.
This course teaches the importance of wearing proper PPE on the docks -- from the clothes worn to work to the specialized gear determined by the job. Using video footage of actual dock workers, it discusses different types of common PPE, the importance of using PPE correctly, and how to inspect and maintain it. It also covers special-use equipment and the importance of personal choices when it comes to wearing PPE.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Common Equipment
- Foot And Head Protection
Additional Equipment and Maintenance
- Additional PPE
- Other Protective Equipment and Maintenance