|Maxine A. Cosbert||Cathy Andriadis|
DuPont Sustainable Solutions Announces Five New Employee Training Programs
DVDs Address Ethics and Compliance, Responsible Business Communications and Respect in the Workplace
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va., April 24, 2012 - DuPont Sustainable Solutions has recently released five new training programs on DVD to raise awareness and educate employees in the areas of business ethics, third-party due diligence, anti-bribery laws, responsible business communications, and respect at work.
"We have seen an increasing need for employee education and development around the issues addressed in these training programs," said Maxine Cosbert, marketing manager, Training Solutions. "Each one gives employees essential information to help them and their employers avoid the consequences of unethical choices, careless communications and disrespectful behaviors in the workplace."
The new programs include:
- Wrong Way Right Way: Ethics Cases, which shows the right and wrong way to handle 17 common ethics issues including bribes and kickbacks; confidential information; conflicts of interest; expense reporting; gifts and entertainment; harassment; insider trading; misstatement and falsifying company documents; social media usage; and others. The program adopts a recent trend using humor to engage employees, improve retention and reinforce ethical behavior.
- Dealing with Third Parties, which educates employees on third-party due diligence and alerts them to the signs of fraud, bribery and other forms of third-party corruption. It discusses the minimum components of third-party due diligence in the context of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, explains why working with overseas partners can pose compliance risks, and shows how these pitfalls can impact an organization, financially and otherwise.
- Global Anti-Bribery, which addresses key provisions of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act, and the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention. This is a "what-all-employees-need-to-know guide" and explains the global extent of bribery; risks of working with third parties; red flags and due diligence; six principles of anti-bribery based on the UK Bribery Act Guidance; and the costs of bribery, financial and otherwise.
- Responsible Business Communication, which delivers timely training for today's digital age, where a poorly composed email, fax, handwritten note, document, calendar entry, or even a scribbled annotation can have unforeseen legal implications. The program presents examples of costly communication mistakes and explains how to avoid them.
- Respect for People, which presents a powerful blueprint for a respectful, more productive workplace. Going beyond bottom line legal requirements to avoid discrimination and harassment, this new release shows that respect means creating an environment that engages and empowers employees; links personal growth and organizational success; allows employees to contribute their maximum potential; and rewards them for their daily contributions.
DuPont Sustainable Solutions, one of 13 DuPont business groups, is an integrated global services and technology delivery business. Its offerings comprise four practice areas: Safety Resources, Sustainable Operations, Training Solutions and Clean Technologies. Together they offer consulting services, products and technologies that help organizations protect people and the environment, use assets more efficiently and improve worker skills and performance. Our training solutions have been used by more than 190,000 employee development professionals in 129 countries to help transfer knowledge and sustain business competitiveness.
For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.training.dupont.com.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment.
The DuPont Oval Logo and DuPont™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.