Professional Development: Basic Skills Workshop
Professional Development: Basic Skills is a member of the award-winning DuPont portfolio of workplace training offerings.
About the Workshop
Professional Development: Basic Skills is designed to help employees learn and develop key human resources skills for dealing with people.
During this four-day, eight-module workshop, participants will examine and evaluate the following key skills that employees accomplish in helping an organization run efficiently and productively.
- Communication Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Coaching for Performance
- Conflict Resolution
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Meeting Effectiveness
- Leadership Skills
Professional Development: Basic Skills focuses on developing skills that are needed for effective first line supervision. Workshop participants will learn:
- How to make communication more effective
- How to strengthen relationships through constructive feedback
- A logical structure to help plan and conduct coaching sessions
- An effective communication model for resolving conflict
- Key decision making principles, processes, and tools
- Key elements of effective teamwork and how to increase team productivity
- How to organize, lead and participate in effective meetings
- Leadership principles to help with becoming more effective in leading others.
During the workshop, participants are encouraged to make notes related to their own work situations and to develop action plans for implementation on the job.
Who Should Attend
All employees seeking refresher training, and nonsupervisors seeking career advancement training will benefit from this workshop.
The format is based on adult group-learning principles, in which participants interact as they discuss, analyze, and apply information from presentations, case discussions, and situational analyses to their own experience and organizations.