Having a waterfront job is backbreaking work. Literally. All that heavy lifting can take its toll, and it's only right to give your workers some sturdy back-up. Show them how to avoid back injuries. Explain how they occur and give them practical preventive measures. This course is part of an eight-program series – On The Waterfront: Every Choice Counts – that meets OSHA standards and leads your workers toward health and safety.
- How to achieve overall fitness
- Causes and consequences of common workplace injuries
- Protecting the back with proper lifting techniques
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards.
Staying Safe on the Waterfront
- Be Prepared
- Causes of Back Injuries
- Back Injury Prevention