Respect at work is not just about "don't discriminate, don't harass, be nice." It's also about the "recognition of value." It's about creating an environment that engages and empowers employees; links personal growth and organizational success; allows employees to contribute their maximum potential; and rewards them for their daily contributions.
When people are treated with value and respect, they're eager to share that value and respect. The result is a culture with satisfied, motivated, and more productive employees.
Hold your organization to these powerful standards and help raise the level of respect in your workplace with DuPont Sustainable Solutions' new training program, Respect for People. Using specific examples, the program helps employees:
- Value differences, not just tolerate them
- Welcome and appreciate contributions from everyone
- Handle differences of opinion respectfully
- Identify disrespectful behaviors
- Resolve people-treatment issues
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide.
This course will help employees and managers create a respectful workplace culture, identify actions and behaviors that exemplify and demonstrate respect, and recognize how to resolve issues of disrespectful behaviors. At the conclusion of this training course the viewer should be able to identify individual responsibilities for creating a respectful workplace and recognize the value of respectfulness to the organization.
- Overview and Objectives
- A Respectful Workplace Culture
- Defining Respect
- Workplace Environment
Actions and Behaviors
- Example: Meeting
- Example: Presentation