It can be rough driving at the waterfront, where an average of 500 vehicle collisions happen every year. But it can be smooth sailing for your drivers, and the road to safety begins with this program. Through this course, part of an eight-program series – On The Waterfront: Every Choice Counts – show your drivers safety techniques for every step of the way, before, during and after they drive. Remind them to drive defensively, consider pedestrian safety and skillfully maneuver around yard equipment.
- Safety concerns and precautions when operating a vehicle around heavy equipment
- Terminal traffic patterns and rules of the yard
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards.
Convince your maritime workers to own their safety all the time. Remind them that every choice they make is important to their safety and well-being. This course drives home the importance of safe driving on the job by using interviews with dockworkers who were involved in motor vehicle incidents, some with tragic results. It goes on to demonstrate safe driving techniques to follow, regardless of the vehicle. Safe Driving On the Waterfront outlines operational rules and safety precautions unique to waterfront workplaces.
Safe driving – own your safety
- Safe Driving Techniques
- Rules of the Yard