Break the lines of communication and your operations can grind to a halt. Ensure that waterfront signaling systems are smooth. Identify the vital communication dynamics among your signalmen, groundmen, drivers, gangway men and crane operators. Raise awareness and master the various hand signals vital to every operation. This course, which also advises on crane dynamics, is part of an eight-program series – On The Waterfront: Every Choice Counts – which meets OSHA standards and outlines safe waterfont practices.
- Identifying lines of communication
- Procedures for using common hand signals and radios
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards.
Communication is vital on the waterfront where dangerous, heavy cargo is lifted and moved. Help your longshore workers ensure cargo moves quickly and safely by teaching them to communicate clearly with the crane operator. The course covers radio communication and hand signals that are generally used by crane operators, groundmen, dockmen, slingers, gangwaymen and semi drivers. The course includes communication basics to follow when lining up, lifting and landing containers as well as how to stay alert for hazards. It also will help create a safety net to keep everyone safe.
Signaling – Own Your Safety
- Communication Lines and Tools
- Safe Operations