SMAW: Electric Arc Welding in Flat, Horizontal, Vertical & Overhead Butt Welds is part four of the Welding with Shielded Metal Arc 11-part training series.
The course demonstrates how to make a butt weld with the shielded metal arc in flat, horizontal, vertical, and overhead positions. In this demonstration, 1/8 inch thick mild steel and an E-6011 electrode are used. The amperage range for the E-6011 - 1/8 inch diameter electrode is 80 to 130 amps and the polarity can be AC or DC reversed.
Course objectives include:
- List the safety precautions to observe when arc welding
- Describe the procedures for running flat butt welds
- Describe the procedures for running horizontal butt welds
- Describe the procedures for running vertical butt welds
- Describe the procedures for running overhead butt welds.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.