SMAW: Multi-Pass Electric Arc Welding is part nine of the Welding with Shielded Metal Arc 11-part training series.
The course demonstrates how to make multiple-pass butt joints with the shielded metal arc welding process. The butt weld will be demonstrated with a 3/8 inch plate; each piece will be beveled at 30 degrees to give an included angle of 60 degrees.
Course objectives include:
- List the safety precautions to observe in shielded metal arc welding
- Describe the procedures and techniques to use in making multi-pass butt joints in the flat, horizontal, and vertical up positions.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.