SMAW: Striking an Arc, Restarting the Arc & Running a Continuous Bead in the Flat Position is part one of the Welding with Shielded Metal Arc 11-part training series.
The course demonstrates some of the basic operations of the shielded metal arc welding process. Students are shown how to strike and restart an arc and how to run a continuous bead in the flat position using manually controlled equipment.
Course objectives include:
- List the safety precautions to observe in shielded metal arc welding
- Identify the parts of shielded metal arc welding equipment
- Describe the procedures to set up and shut down the equipment
- List the steps in restarting an arc and running a continuous bead on a plate in the flat position.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.