SMAW: T-Joint, Lap Joint & Outside Corner Joint in the Flat Position is part five of the Welding with Shielded Metal Arc 11-part training series.
The course demonstrates how to weld some common joints with the shielded metal arc welding process in the flat position. In this demonstration, an E-6013 electrode in two diameters is used: 1/8 inch and 3/32 inch. The smaller electrode is used on the outside corner joint
Course objectives include:
- List the safety precautions to observe when welding with shielded metal arc equipment
- Describe the procedures to follow in making T-joints
- Describe the procedures to follow in making lap joints
- Describe the procedures to follow in making outside corner joints.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.