SMAW: T-Joint, Lap Joint & Outside Corner Joint in the Vertical Up Position is part seven of the Welding with Shielded Metal Arc 11-part training series.
The course demonstrates how to weld three commonly used joints in the vertical position with shielded metal arc welding equipment. In this demonstration, a 3/32 inch E-6011 electrode on 1/8 inch mild steel is used. The E-6011 electrode has a range of 30 to 80 amps.
Course objectives include:
- List the safety precautions to observe in shielded metal arc welding
- Describe the procedures for welding T-joints, lap joints, and outside corner joints in the vertical up position with shielded metal arc welding equipment.
Our DVDs are portable and easy-to-use. Training content is "chapterized," or organized by learning objectives to:
- Help with course navigation
- Enable training administrators to cover specific training points and conduct refresher training
- Facilitate classroom discussion.