The entire healthcare system in the United States is undergoing a fundamental change. Healthcare treatment is shifting from the hospital to the patient's home. And your role as a home care provider is shifting to include more and more primary care. This program reviews the vital procedures that you and your employees should follow to minimize risk and have greater security when performing your very valuable work.
- The problem of violence
- The assault cycle
- Pre-visit safety practices
- Making safety your priority
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
This handbook will teach home healthcare workers to identify different types of violence and their causes, how and when to intervene, and how to deal with the aftermath of an attack.
While the number of pages varies, most handbooks are 16 pages in length and include a tear-out quiz.
Handbooks must be purchased in packs of 10. When ordering, enter the number of packs you would like to purchase. For example, if you would like to order 50 handbooks, enter "5" in the quantity field.
Quantity discounts are available for orders of 10 or more packs. Call 1-877-262-7825 for more information.
Providing healthcare in the home is usually very safe, but it does involve some risks. The purpose of this training program is to help healthcare professionals ensure their personal safety in the every aspect of their work, and the best weapon that they have in defending themselves is knowledge. This program outlines a broad range of safety measures that will assist home healthcare workers in recognizing and avoiding potentially dangerous situations. It also discusses what actions to take to help de-escalate a violent situation and the useful precautions to reduce personal risk in the field.
The Assault Cycle
- Phases of the Assault Cycle
- Pre-Visit Safety Practices
- Visit Safety Practices
- Post-Visit Safety Practices