Carl, the long-winded accountant, is facilitating, but his audience and colleagues are far from listening to him. One is yawning, another is composing grocery lists, and still another is thinking of how to bail out. Carl's problem is just one of the many challenges a meeting facilitator must resolve - from handling difficult personalities sorting out objectives and plotting a clear course for action.
Through this entertaining dramatization of a meeting, any meeting facilitator can meet, stand up to and resolve the difficulties. Learn to save time. Hold only necessary meetings. Start and end at the scheduled times and ask participants to come prepared. Communicate better and use company resources (such as time!) as efficiently and effectively as possible.
How-To Training Points:
- How to use an agenda to stay focused
- How to support the agenda with goals, delegation and time-frames
- How to involve participants in the meeting
- How to resolve disagreements
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide.
Get things decided and done more quickly with this course, which will teach your employees how to conduct a more productive meeting. Show them a re-enactment of common meeting mistakes and how to overcome them. They will learn how to set agendas, establish ground rules, keep everyone involved, and make the meeting more efficient.
Managing a Meeting
- Plan and Prepare
- Establish Ground Rules
- Keep Everyone Involved
- Difficult Situations
- Managing Conflict
Closing the Meeting
- Final Steps