If listening is vital to success, why do studies show that we listen at only 25% efficiency? Why do we do it so poorly? We get distracted, tune out if we lose interest, or force our own point rather than understand the other person. And that's just to name a few of our listening crimes.
Fortunately, effective listening is possible and like everything else, can be improved through practice. In You're Not Listening, a series of vignettes identify poor listening habits and demonstrate how to overcome them.
How-to Training points:
- Use attentive body language
- Use thinking speed constructively
- Maintain silence/observe
- Avoid prejudice
- Avoid jumping to conclusions
- Be an active listener
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide.