Help your home health agency comply with HIPAA's Privacy Rule -- the first comprehensive federal protection guidelines for the privacy of health information. This training program will teach your staff the new guidelines for protecting patient privacy and confidentiality in home healthcare under the new rule.
- What is Protected Health Information?
- Use and disclosure of protected health information
- Consent and authorization
- Patient rights
- Administrative requirements
- Developing a HIPAA attitude
- Mandates of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation – makes training site-specific; excellent for training different personnel and departments
- Training points – outlines key learning points of your training; reinforces important safety points to your employees
- Chapterized content – video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates classroom discussion; ideal for refresher training, specific training points, and navigating through the course
- Expanded leader's guide – excellent resource to help plan and implement your presentation; a quiz is provided that can serve as a pre- and/or post-evaluative tool
- Portable convenience – perfect for those who train and travel!
HIPAA Privacy Rule was mandated to ensure that personal medical information shared with healthcare providers is protected. Your staff will learn the guidelines for protecting patient privacy and confidentiality in home healthcare, how it affects them and your agency.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HIPAA Coverage and PHI
- Permitted Use and Disclosure of PHI
- Patient Authorization
Privacy Rights, Notice, and Violations
- Patients' Privacy Rights
- Privacy Notice and Non-Compliance
- Patients' Privacy and Confidentiality