DALLAS, Aug. 31, 2011 – Occupational Health & Safety magazine announced the winners of its 2011 New Product of the Year Award at the publication's Virtual Event today.
This third annual contest attracted a new high of 49 products in 20 categories, with an independent panel of three highly qualified judges choosing the winners.
Every entry in the contest was a product introduced to the market between July 3, 2010, and July 3, 2011. The judges were:
- Linda J. Sherrard, MS, CSP, safety director and worker's compensation administrator for the North Caroline Department of Justice (Raleigh, N.C.) and former technical editor of OH&S.
- Joe E. Beck, professor, Eastern Kentucky University Department of Environmental Health Sciences (Richmond, Ky.) and a member of the OH&S editorial advisory board.
- Jonathan Klane, MS.Ed., CIH, CHMM, CET, owner and founder of Klane's Education Information Training Hub LLC (Fairfield, Maine), faculty member at Thomas College (Waterfield, Maine), and a frequent contributor to OH&S.
To announce this year's winners, OH&S created a special Flash animation highlighting each winning product. The animation can be found at the OH&S booth at the Virtual Event, which will be available on demand through Dec. 1, 2011, at ohsonline.com/virtualevent.
Award winners, the categories in which they won, and their winning products are:
- HeartStation: AED/CPR, AED Wireless Locator
- DuPont Sustainable Solutions: Online Training, DuPont eLearning Suite — Learning Management System
- Summit Training Source: On-site Training, Distracted Driving: Forever & Ever
- SiteHawk: MSDS Management, SiteHawk VeriScan
- 3E Company: EHS Software, Ariel WebInsight 7.0
- 3E Company: Emergency Response, 3E Global Incident Response Hotline
- Sensidyne: Industrial Hygiene, GilAir Plus
- Accuform Signs: Signage & Identification, Store-Boards™
- Accuform Signs: Lockout/Tagout – Machine Guarding, STOPOUT™ 120/240 Circuit Breaker Lockout
- Justrite Manufacturing Co.: Hazmat Safety, Accu-Flow Type II Safety Can
- Honeywell Safety Products: Vision Protection, North Adaptec Protective Eyewear System
- MCR Safety: Hand Protection, ForceFlex HV200 Hand Protection
- Wolverine: Foot Protection, Wolverine Northman
- 3M: Hearing Protection, Peltor ORA TAC
- 3M: Head Protection, H-700 Hard Hat
- Moldex-Metric Inc.: Respiratory Protection, 9000 Reusable Full Face Respirator
- JLG Industries: Fall Protection, LiftPod® FS60
- Big Ass Fans: Heat Stress Prevention, Yellow Jacket®
- Smart Lid Systems: Food Safety, Smart Lid
- Ergodyne: Protective Apparel, N-Ferno® Warming Vest w/ NobleTek® Insulation
In addition to being honored at the OH&S Virtual Event, the winners will be presented with awards at the National Safety Council Congress & Expo Oct. 30-Nov. 4 in Philadelphia. The winners also will be highlighted in the magazine's December 2011 issue.
For more information, please contact:
Group Marketing Manager, 1105 Media
Security, Safety, and Environmental Protection Group
14901 Quorum Drive, Suite
425Dallas, TX 75254