- Executive Leadership Workshop
- Operations Manager Workshops
- Line Supervisor Workshops
- Distracted Driving: Rewind
- Actions Employees Can Take
- Contractor Safety Management
- STOP® Implementation Assistance Workshops
- Workplace Safety Series
- Felt Leadership Workshop
- Strengthening Safety Culture through Employee Engagement
Integrated Safety Management for Line Supervisors
Frontline supervisors can make or break an organization’s safety culture. Because they work closely with employees, line managers occupy a special position that allows them to observe, analyze, influence, and if needed, enforce employee behavior. As leaders, they help dictate the direction of an organization’s safety culture, ensuring that protocols are followed, safe behaviors are practiced, and incidents are investigated to develop preventive measures.
Developed by industry experts and practitioners using adult learning methodology, Integrated Safety Management for Line Supervisors is a safety workshop that equips frontline managers with the tools, mindset, and skills to develop, implement, and oversee their organization’s safety systems. It covers topics from conducting safety observations and incident analyses to integrating safety into work processes, pursuing corrective actions, and creating a positive, encouraging safety climate.
Developed by industry experts and practitioners using adult learning methodology, Integrated Safety Management for Line Supervisors helps managers:
- Integrate management and supervision systems into their and others’ work processes
- Practice the tenets of safety leadership
- Conduct a thorough and systematic Incident Analysis
- Identify unsafe acts and adopt safer practices through Safety Observations and Incident Investigations
- Raise safety awareness and employees’ commitment and attitude to safety
- Develop, strengthen, and sustain a positive safety culture.
This two-day workshop covers the following modules:
- Overview of Workshop and Self-Assessment
- Safety Culture and Persuasive Leadership
- Incident Analysis and Prevention
- Safety Observations
- Integrating Safety into Existing Management Systems
- Corrective Actions
- Incident Investigation
- Creating a Climate for Safety
- Action Planning
The modules illustrate the principles and procedures for each task, blending theory and practice in interactive sessions that consist of PowerPoint lectures, group discussions, case studies, situational analyses and class activities, all geared to help participants understand and apply the concepts.
Participants will discover how to:
- Recognize differences between inspection and observation
- Identify the components, steps, and obstacles to a safety observation
- Discuss safe and unsafe behaviors with employees
- Appreciate observation categories, metrics, and reports
- Understand and apply the ‘Why Tree’ of Incident Investigation
- Engage and sustain employee commitment
- Conduct effective Safety Action Meetings.
Who Should Attend
Integrated Safety Management for Line Supervisors is primarily geared for first- and second-line supervisors who need a thorough and intensive review or summary of safety management skills and practices.