- Executive Leadership Workshop
- Operations Manager Workshops
- Line Supervisor Workshops
- Distracted Driving: Rewind
- Actions Employees Can Take
- Contractor Safety Management
- STOP® Overview Workshops
- STOP® Implementation Assistance Workshops
- Workplace Safety Series
- Felt Leadership Workshop
- Strengthening Safety Culture through Employee Engagement
Integrated Safety Management for Operations Managers
A significant part of an organization’s safety culture takes root, flourishes, and is sustained in and by operations where routine processes take place. Safety is a company-wide effort, but the task of ensuring the safety of these protocols, and the employees who run them, falls largely on the shoulders of operations managers. As supervisors, operations managers have frequent and direct contact with employees, and have huge influence to affect behavior, monitor safety compliance, and dictate the tenor of a safety culture.
Preparing managers for this vital task is the objective of Integrated Safety Management for Operations Managers, a workshop that helps them acquire, develop, and apply the tools, mindset, and skills to develop, implement, and oversee safety protocols in their organizations. The workshop includes ten modules that cover topics such as safety culture and leadership, incident investigation, employee commitment to safety, and integration of safety into routine processes, all geared to reduce incidents and injuries, minimize damage or losses, and increase employee participation in safety.
Developed by industry experts and practitioners using adult learning methodology, Integrated Safety Management for Operation Managers helps participants:
- Understand and apply the principles of safety leadership in communicating and nurturing value for safety in a Safety Management System
- Identify and implement safety observations to recognize and help prevent incidents and enhance safety culture
- Follow best practices in incident investigation
- Develop and encourage safety networks among employees
- Adopt and execute an action plan to improve safety performance.
This two-day workshop covers the following modules:
- Safety Culture and Leadership
- Basic Safety Elements
- Safety Management System
- Safety Observations
- Integrating Safety
- Incident Investigation
- Demonstrate Personal Commitment
- Fostering Involvement
- Action Planning
The modules demonstrate the principles and procedures for each task, blending theory and practice in interactive sessions that consist of PowerPoint lectures, group discussions, case studies, situational analyses and class activities, all geared to help participants understand and apply the concepts.
Participants will discover how to:
- Develop, standardize, and assign roles to a Safety Management System
- Recognize differences between inspection and observation
- Identify the components, steps, and obstacles to safety observation
- Discuss safe and unsafe behaviors with employees
- Appreciate observation categories, metrics, and reports
- Conduct effective disciplinary actions and safety performance evaluations
- Understand the role of managers and employees in incident investigations
- Encourage employees to own safety
- Conduct effective Safety Action Meetings.
Who Should Attend
Integrated Safety Management for Operations Managers is primarily targeted to plant managers, site managers, area managers, superintendents, executives and general managers who need a thorough and intensive review or summary of safety management skills and practices.