HR Instructor-Led Training
Supervisor on the Scene: Supervisor Development Training
Many research studies have shown that soft skills are as important as talent or technical know-how in supervising employees. They are also critical to an organization’s productivity, success, and performance -- even more so in a tough economy and a competitive business landscape. However, despite the clear importance of soft skills to organizations, not all supervisors receive enough training on the topic to build a strong skill set for managing people.
Supervisor on the Scene helps reverse this trend and offers how-to guides on six vital soft skills. This day and a half supervisor development workshop features the following six modules:
- Communication  explores the need to plan the message; choose the best way to deliver it; deliver it properly; and solicit feedback.
- Conflict Resolution examines the tasks of supervisors in resolving conflicts: from identification of facts to compromise and collaboration.
- Coaching for Performance shows supervisors how they can create a positive and productive environment, and to give constructive feedback.
- Decision Making helps supervisors make sound, solid decisions by gathering information; developing alternatives; selecting the best option; and following up.
- Meeting Effectiveness stresses the need to plan the meeting and execute it to ensure that it is timely, productive, and effective.
- Training Job Skills offers four basic principles that should guide any training endeavor: preparation, presentation, performance trial, and follow through.
During the workshop, participants are encouraged to make notes on seminar material for application to their own work situations. Then, at the end of the workshop, they can use their notes to help develop action plans for implementation on the job.
Who Should Attend?
Newly-appointed first-line supervisors, experienced leaders seeking refresher training, and employees seeking career development will benefit from this workshop.
The format is based on adult group-learning principles, in which participants interact as they discuss, analyze, and apply information from presentations, case discussions, and situational analyses to their own experience and organizations.
The workshop is conducted and facilitated by DuPont consultants who have extensive managerial experience. DuPont consultants are recognized throughout the industry as committed, innovative, adept workshop leaders, credible knowledge resources, and competent management professionals.
Contact us to learn more about our Human Resources Instructor-Led Training today!